YA Highway: life vest

Road Trip Wednesday is a “Blog Carnival,” where YA Highway’s contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s unique take on the topic.

To participate, just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link in the comments at YA Highway.

This week’s prompt:
Share some images that inspire your work-in-progress.

I haven’t written much about my work-in-progress here, mainly because I’ve been finishing up revisions on THE HERO, and I can only concentrate on one project at a time.

When I was querying agents, I managed to get a big chunk of my new Big Project (BP) on paper. Then, while my agent Michelle was reading revised drafts, I jumped back to it. But THE HERO was always there, like a life vest keeping me from getting completely submerged in something new.

Now that THE HERO is done (!), I’ve shrugged off my life vest and let myself go under. And yes, it’s just as scary as it sounds!

Here are just a few of the images that are inspiring the new BP:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “YA Highway: life vest

1. Lara Ehrlich says:

@danaalisonlevy Thanks! I love the random 🙂 And the (rented) farmhouse is near Williamstown. Where are you!? I went to BU and have always loved Boston and the surrounding area!

2. danaalisonlevy says:

This brings the random in the very best way! I love the juxtaposition of the different images! (And where’s your haunted farmhouse? I live on the coast north of Boston…)

3. Elizabeth says:

These pics are so atmospheric–especially the combination of the very romantic images and the skeleton.

4. Lara Ehrlich says:

Thanks guys! @Alicia and Tracey–I, too, am trying to figure out what the WIP is about! hehe. @Kristin–I’ve heard such good things about that book. I’ll definitely have to pick it up now! @Sarah–Sigh. Someday, I’d like to float around in water in a fancy dress. Looks luxurious.

5. sarah says:

Girls in lovely dresses floating around in the water… I may never, ever get tired of pictures like that. They’re just always lovely.

6. Kristin says:

These pictures remind me of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – which is a fantastic book that uses vintage photos to tell a story, so I promise that comparison is a compliment. 🙂